This weekend I got back to my Fiber Fish mittens for the first time in a while and completed the main body of the mitten. I ended up adding another section of entrelac (this is because I'm doing the small mitten, which I think is meant to be mostly child-sized, and while wide enough for my hand is not really long enough) and then completed the head of the fish. As it turns out, I like this a lot better than just knitting extra rows after the last round of entrelac specified by the pattern for this size because it meant that I got that extra nice blue area in the body of the fish and got a bit more color in the head area.
The next step in the process is to pick up stitches for the thumb gusset -- the thumb creates the top "dorsal" fin for the fish and is the last major part of the mitten before I get to think about weaving in all those ends.
Even with the slow pace I am knitting up these mittens at, with all the cold and snow hitting Chicago lately, I'm beginning to think I might actually get to wear these mittens this year!